Wedding Week: The Paper Trail

It’s Wedding Week here at Lauria Land.  My first wedding anniversary is this weekend so I’m sharing the details of our wedding.  Yesterday I shared first wedding anniversary gifts, and today I’m going to share our paper products.  You know, Save The Date, Invites, Menu, etc.

Before I start sharing, I should mention that almost everything was a total DIY project.  It helped to keep costs down, and it was also fun to do!  So here we go…

I’m going to start from the beginning with our Save The Dates.  It was super simple to do.  I bought textured postcard paper from Staples, and used this template to create our Save The Dates.  We sent them in these envelopes in blossom from The Paper Source.  The picture was from our first beach day in Atlantic City.  The Save The Dates sort of set the tone for our wedding.  A simple affair with a touch of vintage details.

Slide1Since I was pleased with the Paper Source, I continued to use them throughout the rest of our paper products.  With our invitations, we used this for the actual invitation in superfine white, this for the response and reception cards also in superfine white, and this for the enclosure in sage, which was discontinued.  I also used this envelope and this envelope in the same color as the Save the Date envelopes, blossom.  I used this invitation as my inspiration and set out to look for fonts I liked.  The scrolls at the top and bottom of the invitation is called Nymphette, the script is called Centeria Script, and the print is called Mona Lisa Solid.  The great thing about the Paper Source is that they give you directions on how to print on their paper right on their website, so it wasn’t difficult at all to do.  Even the envelopes were easy to print on.


Screen shot 2014-03-09 at 2.01.02 PM

The menu cards were really easy to do as well.  On Microsoft Word, I made two text boxes and typed out my menu using the same font as my invitation.  I then searched for a skeleton key graphic, saved it to my desktop, and inserted into the menu.  To make it fade into the background, I formatted the picture by changing the transparency and setting it behind the text.  Then I printed them on ivory card stock paper from Staples, and used a paper cutter to cut them out.


My table numbers were really fun to do.  I had extra invitation paper, postcard paper from the Save The Dates, and fabric from our escort card frame (I’ll talk about the frame in another post), so this project was F-R-E-E free!! I glued the fabric onto the invitation paper, printed the numbers on the postcards in Centeria Script, and used a punch to punch around the borders.


Using the same card stock paper as the menu, I made tags as our escort cards.  I borrowed my friend’s Cricut and cut out these adorable tags.  I also purchased little skeleton key charms and tied them to the tag so they look like vintage key tags.  These were difficult to print on so I just hand wrote them.


I made a Mr & Mrs banner for our sweetheart table, but somehow our photographer didn’t capture it that well.  You can get a little glimpse of it from a bouquet toss picture.  I actually have it hanging on our headboard.  I bought cardboard banners from the Paper Source, but I guess its discontinued and I couldn’t find it online.  I used the same fabric from the escort card frame, and black scrapbook paper.  I used my friend’s Cricut again to cut out the letters, used spray adhesive the attach the fabric to the cardboard, and glue dots to attach the letters to the banner.  Then I used a coordinating ribbon to weave it through.


My guest book was really fun.  I bought a hardcover sketchbook from Michael’s, used the same fabric again, and covered the book with spray adhesive.  Since I had a photo booth, my guests used their extra pictures to put in the guest book and wrote a message for us.  They had a lot of fun with it, especially with the props, which I got at the Paper Source.  I also made a photo booth sign so guests knew what to do.

Screen shot 2014-03-09 at 5.21.09 PM

The only thing that wasn’t a DIY project were the thank you cards.  I think at that point I was tired and just went with these from Wedding Paper Divas.

Screen shot 2014-03-09 at 5.13.49 PM

My original idea was to use this thank you frame I made with a $1 frame, the same fabric, scrapbook paper, and my friend’s Cricut.  Unfortunately, it didn’t make the cut when selecting a thank you card, but it was still fun to take these pictures.



Well, that was our wedding from the paper’s point of view.  I started making these early enough that I wasn’t rushed or flustered, so it was fun.  Not everyone agrees, but that’s ok.  Next up, details and other DIY projects.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s